Sunday 10 April 2016

Desmond Leslie Punches Bernard Levin


Following the recent death of Ronnie Corbett I was reminded of this event; I remember seeing it live (on TV of course) on a show in which Ronnie Corbett appeared.

Mr Leslie's wife (actress Agnes Bernelle) had been on the sharp end of Bernard Levin's vicious tongue, and the result was as follows..... I think it was a 'first' for UK TV.



The clip opens with 'funny-man' Lance Percival. I once sat next to him at a Chelsea restaurant (235 Kings Rd), we were both by ourselves, and I spent about 3 hours enjoying his wonderful company.


14 comments:

  1. Seems you really did see life in your old London days Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way he gestured for him to stand before he hit him! Mind you levin was a real short arse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if he actually made contact. He probably deserved it.

      Delete
  3. Auberon Waugh told him to piss off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your video froze, but I have seen it before - also live. Bernard Levin could be a right pain in the arse sometimes, though I don't generally approve of violence - especially toward me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked his 'Terrier' approach to interviewing, so am not surprised that he was disliked.

      Delete
  5. I was able to see the video here this morning but now there is a little square sad face on a blank space. I've noticed the same over at Rachel's, Cody video. I hope it's only temporary. I'd hate to miss out on the videos. Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still working here; I wonder what the problem is. Copyright maybe.

      Delete
  6. I had rather hoped that he might ask him for a duel....at least they were both wearing suits!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt if Levin knew one end of an epée from the other; which would have made it even more fun.

      Delete
  7. I looked up Agnes Bernelle, and one of her album of songs was called 'Father's Lying Dead On The Ironing Board'. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased, now, that I didn't look her up too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...