Tuesday 16 March 2010

Not for the faint-hearted.


I really don't want to upset anyone (especially not his handful of fans), but I have a personal theory about Hugh Grant (an English actor).

I think most men would like to give him a damn-good-slapping; and most women would like to breast-feed him.

There's no question that he's a very annoying actor. He only ever plays ONE character; 'the-confused-little-boy-lost'. Even so he's managed to make a few watchable movies. The 1994 film 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' is now a British classic; even if the ghastly Andie MacDowell did try to ruin it single-handedly. Who will ever forget her line 'Is it raining? I hadn't noticed' at the end of the film. Wooden? Lignum Vitae! (Shampoo ad's are much more her thing)

Otherwise 'About a Boy' was a reasonable story, 'Notting Hill' was passable, and 'Love Actually' probably worth watching a couple of times.

There's no doubt that women are attracted to his boyish good looks, his pretend stuttering, and ridiculous bumbling faux shyness; but I do wish (at least once in his career) that he'd try to play a slightly different character. A week at Drama School perhaps?

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I tried doing the same hatchet-job on Johnny Depp, but it doesn't get you anywhere with the ladies, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bovered. 50% of the world's population have been itching to be the first to say this. I was the lucky one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to think he was cute, before I grew up and could smell the coffee.

    My word verification: prettion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Willow, I sometimes wonder if Word Verification isn't Big Brother. There are too many coincidences!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you guys have gone from preachin to meddling! I LOVED Notting Hill and even made sure I went there in London. Don't think about the actor....just enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly, Linda, I just loved "Four Weddings and a Funeral". There is nothing like a movie that is easy to watch or a good book to help one relax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew I'd be in trouble!

    Four weddings was a favourite of mine for years too. Doesn't help his acting ability though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...